What is Thyroid Dysfunction?
A thyroid dysfunction occurs when there is an imbalance of the thyroid hormones. The thyroid gland produces the body’s thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and controls the metabolic processes.
When the thyroid becomes unbalanced it affects energy levels, mental health, heart, muscles, bones, and cholesterol.
Types of Thyroid Dysfunction
- Goiter/Thyroid Nodules
- Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
Symptoms of a Thyroid Dysfunction
- Feel nervous, moody, weak, or tired
- Hands shake, your heart beats fast, or issues breathing
- Feel hot and sweaty
- Have more bowel movements than usual
- Have fine, soft hair that falls out easily
- Lose weight easily
Thyroid Dysfunction Management
The treatment of a thyroid disorder depends on the type of thyroid and the severity of the condition. However, most patients with a thyroid disorder are able to live healthy, comfortable lives.
You should learn all your options. Call us to schedule an appointment at our Center in Neenah. We’re within easy driving distance of Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh and surrounding areas.
Treatment options include:
- Medication (beta-blockers)