What are menstrual disorders?
Menstrual disorders are when a woman’s menstrual cycle is an irregular condition and can cause:
- Dysmenorrhea – painful cramps
- Premenstrual Syndrome – PMS
- Menorrhagia – abnormally heavy bleeding
- Oligomenorrhea -light or infrequent menstruation
- Amenorrhea – no bleeding during the menstrual cycle
Depending on the patient and situation, treatment plans will vary. Medications, such as birth control, can help regulate and control symptoms.
Ablation may be another option and can be done in the office.
Hysterectomy is another surgical option that is the removal of the uterus and cervix.
You should learn all your options. Call us to schedule an appointment at our Center in Neenah. We’re within easy driving distance of Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh and surrounding areas.